Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- ‘you’, or ‘your’ refers to the course participant(s), as well as the individual, corporation or other entity which agrees to pay the course fees and associated charges on behalf of the course participant(s); and
- ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘ours’, ‘us’ or ‘ICML’ refers to ICML Pty Ltd.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to public short courses provided by ICML Pty Ltd (“the Training Courses”) and contain the complete agreement between the parties regarding the Training Courses. By registering for or participating in the Training Courses you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- In these Terms and Conditions:
- Participation in the Training Course is granted in exchange for payment of the course fees and charges and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule courses should circumstances beyond our control require it.
- Should this occur, we will notify you as soon as possible and you may:
- Request in writing a full refund of the amount paid to us in relation to the Training Course; or
- Apply the amount paid to us in relation to the Training Course to another Training Course to be run in the 12 months following notification of the cancellation, postponement or rescheduling.
Prices and payment
Our fees include course materials and the use of computers where applicable. Our fees do not include external expenses such as participant travel or accommodation. We reserve the right to change prices at any time without prior notification if required to do so for any reason.
- We will issue an invoice for the course fees and charges (“the Invoice”) to you no later than 14 days prior to the first day of the Training Course (“The Course Start Date”) wherever possible, or as soon as possible thereafter.
- All Amounts payable under our Invoice (“the Invoice Amount”) must be paid no later than 3 days prior to the Course Start Date (“the Invoice Due Date”), failing which you cannot participate in the Training Course.
- If all or part of your account remains unpaid at the Invoice Due Date, we may charge you interest at the rate of 2% above the rate set from time to time by the Penalty Interest Rates Act 1983 plus any costs that we have incurred in recovery of those outstanding amounts.
- You may cancel your course enrolment at any time earlier than 14 days before the Course Start Date (or within 3 days of the date of registration if registration is within 14 days of the Course Start Date).
- If this occurs you may:
- Request in writing a full refund of the Invoice Amount or such amounts paid at this date; or
- Apply the amounts paid to another Training Course to be run in the 12 months following cancellation.
- If cancellation occurs within 14 days of the Course Start Date, or the course participant(s) fail to attend for any reason, we will charge you the full Invoice Amount. The Invoice Amount cannot be transferred to another Training Course.
You may replace a participant with a substitute participant, but you must provide us with full details of the substitution by email before the Course Start Date.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
- The information contained within the content of the Training Course and the course materials (“the Course Information”) represents the general opinion of the individual instructor. It is not to be used in substitution for specific advice in any circumstances. Neither ICML nor the course instructor will be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever incurred as a result of the use by you of the Course Information.
- Our courses are highly interactive and often involve some degree of physical activity. You agree that ICML will not be responsible for any injury or damage suffered by you as a result of your acceptance of, or participation in our courses.
- Our courses may be run from public locations. ICML does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to your property as a result of theft, damage, destruction or other event while attending the Training Course.
- The intellectual property in the Course Information remains the property of ICML and does not pass at any stage to you.
- The course materials that we supply are intended for the personal use of the course participants only. These materials shall not be copied, reproduced or distributed in any form without our prior written consent.
ICML does not provide its member and client details to other organisations. The information we collect in the course registration form is only to process your registration, to maintain client and participant records, to keep you informed of our products and events and to help us improve our service to you.
- You agree that all contracts made with ICML shall be deemed to be made in the State of Victoria and will be governed by the laws of the State of Victoria.
- You are taken to be bound by the most recent version of the terms and conditions from time to time. The most recent version of the terms and conditions will be displayed at all times on www.icml.com.au/terms-conditions. it is your responsibility to inform yourself of any updates, which will be binding on you once displayed on the website.
- These Terms and Conditions are binding on all heirs, successors and assigns.