Designed for your team
This customer service training program is designed for people who deal with internal or external customers, either in person or over the phone.
In this customer service excellence training course, you will learn how to:
- make great impressions
- understand what outstanding customer service is
- use advanced listening and responding techniques
- develop customer relationships
- manage difficult situations and tough customers
- take your client service skills to a whole new level.
We deliver our Customer Service Training in-house
A typical challenge with training customer service training to teams is that the entire team cannot be trained at the same time. We offer flexible solutions to make sure we train your teams and your customers keep receiving service.
Contact us to discuss how we tailor a program to build customer service skills in your organisation within your budget.
Customer Service Coaching – one-on-one
Sometimes it is more effective to create a one-on-one customer service training solution. We can take customer service staff to a higher level quickly with individual coaching. A coaching approach is also highly effective to remedy areas of low performance.
Customer Service training for groups – across Australia
We deliver our customer service training program in-house in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and Darwin and in country areas.
Ask us how we can tailor the program to your customer service needs. Some examples of how we have customised customer service training programs in the past:
Half-day customer service training courses or a series of short sessions
It is often hard to take people out of the business for too long. Therefore, we increasingly deliver series of short customer service courses. For one client, we recently delivered a comprehensive customer service program of eight two-hour sessions.
For refresher or ‘top-up’ programs, a half-day may suffice. For other programs, a number of full-day sessions several weeks apart may be the right solution. Let’s discuss your aims so we can tailor a suitable program.
Verbal and Written Customer Service Training
Customer service is seldom delivered just verbally. Often, customer service by email is a core component of impressing clients. Therefore, we are able to include business writing skills in our customer service training workshops.
These programs often include:
- in-person customer service
- delivering customer service excellence by phone
- key business writing tips
- how to write emails to customers
- creating great impressions under difficult circumstances
- building client relationships.
Dealing with Difficult Clients
In this Managing Difficult Clients customer service training program, we help customer service teams deal with difficult, demanding emotional and unreasonable customers.
Our tailored programs may include:
- understanding why customers are difficult
- maintaining a professional and calm composure under pressure
- listening skills to understand your customer and control the conversation
- developing empathy and paraphrasing as power communication tools
- managing aggressive clients
- the power of a positive tone of voice
- using a five-step approach towards conflict resolution
- dealing with abuse
- negotiating towards results.
Managing Customer Service Teams
When you manage a customer service team you use many general leadership skills. However, there are specifics you will learn in this customer service training program that help you create a high-performing customer service team. The happier your team are, the happier are your customers. So it’s important to create a vibrant and positive team atmosphere.
In this Managing a Customer Service Team training course, we are able to include:
- motivating customer service team members through recognition and rewards
- using gamification wisely to motivate
- managing team morale when the pressure is high
- ensuring your team has the tools and resources to do a stellar job
- dealing with situations of understaffing
- setting goals for your customer service team
- freeing up your time to focus on the bigger picture.
Telephone Etiquette for Customer Service Representatives
In a short customer service training session, we are able to improve telephone etiquette knowledge and skills of your customer service team.
This telephone etiquette training course usually includes:
- picking up the phone
- transferring calls
- taking responsibility
- managing queries you don’t know the answer to
- taking messages
- making promises
- dealing with complaining customers
- matching and mirroring with sense
- questioning and listening to customers
- body language and phone conversations.
Creating a Customer-Oriented Mindset
Most people in your organisation have a direct or indirect influence on customer satisfaction. However, it takes considerable effort to create awareness, motivation and skill to create a customer service mindset in organisations.
At ICML we relish in assisting our clients with creating a culture of customer service in their team or entire organisation. We advise on how to achieve a culture shift, or we can actively collaborate with you to create positive change.
Part of the change process can be the customer service training of your staff. We have delivered many successful tailored customer service training programs, for hundreds of employees across organisations. Creating a Culture of Customer Service training workshops typically include:
- understanding who your customers are
- realising the impact you have on customer satisfaction
- why customer satisfaction is important
- every client contact moment counts
- seeing your organisation or team from the client’s perspective
- the importance of first impressions
- taking and transferring calls
- taking ownership for customer issues
- creating a customer-oriented culture.
Other Customer Service training options
We also regularly combine Customer Service training material with other themes; for instance, Time Management, Assertiveness Skills, Sales Skills, Conflict Management, Business Writing and Creative Problem Solving.
There are many more options to tailor customer service training programs to your organisation and needs; please contact us to find out what we can do for you.